NZPM established the Future Governance Programme in 2017 to foster future elected director capability from within our ordinary shareholder membership pool, through a formal training and mentoring programme.
Here's what you need to know:
- Eligibility: Applicants for the programme must be ordinary shareholders who have a strong desire to be involved in the future NZPM governance process and demonstrate core attributes for development and mentoring as potential future directors of the co-operative.
- Training and Mentoring: The selected candidates will attend and participate in NZPM Board meetings for a 12 month period from September to August, attend Institute of Directors structured governance training courses, and receive one-on-one mentoring from an independent professional director.
- Selection Process: When new places on the programme become available, the company asks for written applications, then develops a shortlist and interviews candidates during June and July with the successful candidates being announced at the company’s Annual Meeting. Having already appointed a candidate for 2024, the company expects to next invite new candidates to apply to the programme in April 2025.
- Past Participants:
- Ngaire Mansfield from Straight Flush Plumbing Limited, Wellington was appointed as NZPM’s first recipient of the programme in August 2017
- Reuben Cutts from Fixed Price Limited (Auckland) and Nathan Stewart from Precision Group Limited (Wellington) were appointed in August 2018
- Sam Tyson from Climate & Plumbing (New Plymouth) and Dave Morgan from C F Reece (Hamilton) succeeded in August 2019
- Scot Pearce from Water to Waste (Auckland) was appointed as a sole appointee in 2020
- Sarah Jamieson from BOP Plumbing & Gas (Rotorua) was appointed to the programme in 2021
- Joe Calkin from FB Hall & Company Limited (Hamilton) was appointed to the programme in 2022.
Back: Our People
Next: Young Plumber of the Year